Thursday, January 23, 2014

La Risa

Hola guapos y guapas,
They always tell you that laughter is the best medicine and that I can attest to! What else can cure walking around the streets of Spain for hours on cobble stones in Forever 21 boots (Note: I am extremely lucky and am crying about walking around Spain #Spoiled #Lobos), besides laughing with friends about dying from dehydration because who's gonna buy water for 2 Euros and getting hustled by a gypsy women. Thus far in my journey I have visited the beautiful cities of Madrid, San Lorenzo Escorial, Toledo, Cordoba y Sevilla. I now know what it is like to take tours in Spanish and for your head to hurt for hours, try learning about famous Spanish artwork in Spanish....yeah muy interesada. However I was able to see where all the kings of Spain are buried and have stones thrown at my window in Escorial and Toledo. During our tour of Toledo I found out why people say "Holy Toledo" it's because there are 80 churches in the city, the south ain't got nothin' on these people. Then we had the opportunity to ask locals where to find the best food which was a success!!!!  Also I had the opportunity to run around the beautiful city of Toledo and see the cathedral lit up as well as the Alcazar. The views were breathtaking, well that may also be the hills... yeah probably the hills. To wrap up the day/night in Toledo (BTW Spanish people don't ever sleep), we went to a tapas bar where we had the most delicious jamon serrano like American needs to get their stuff together.
We then woke up after 0 sleep and drove to Cordoba, on our way I saw something I had not seen in days GRASS!!!!!!!!! However it was almost too green. During our time in Cordoba Rachel and Steph got hustled by a gypsy woman (Again see FB to stalk) but I mean they were trying hard to get that paper money. We also went to a tapas bar and met un guapo camereo que tiene una hija. Some people got locked in the bathroom, but I'm really strong and overcame that battle. From there toured the Mosque and Jill picked some oranges and got shamed. I honestly can't explain to you people at home just how beautiful these places are like the photos don't do it any justice.
Around 7pm we finally met our house mother and she is amazing, and speaks english!! We had sopa de calabeza, croquettas y broccoli which were delicious. It finally has hit me that I will be living in Spain for 4 more months and I couldn't be happier!
Here's to more laughter and photogenic pictures!!!
Brazos y besos
Courtney!

No comments:

Post a Comment